Selling art online has become increasingly popular and sometimes lucrative for photographers, providing them with a globa
l platform to showcase and sell their work. Here are some popular outlets for selling art online and the value they offer:
1. Online Marketplaces:
- Etsy: Etsy is a well-known platform for handmade and vintage items, including art. It has a large customer base and offers a user-friendly interface for artists to set up their own online shops. https://www.etsy.com/
- eBay: eBay is a widely recognized online marketplace where artists can list their artwork for sale through auctions or fixed-price listings. It attracts a diverse range of buyers and allows artists to reach a global audience. https://www.ebay.com/
2. Print-on-Demand Services:
- Society6: Society6 allows artists to upload their artwork, which can then be printed on various products like prints, canvases, clothing, and home decor items. Artists earn a commission on each sale without having to handle production or shipping. https://society6.com/
- Redbubble: Redbubble is another popular print-on-demand platform that offers a wide range of products featuring artists' designs. Artists can set their own profit margins and reach a large customer base. https://www.redbubble.com/g/wall-art
3. Online Art Galleries that connect artists directly with buyers:
- Saatchi Art: https://www.saatchiart.com/
- ArtPal: https://artpal.com
- Biafarin: https://www.biafarin.com
4. Social Media Platforms:
- Instagram: Instagram has become a powerful tool for artists to showcase their work and connect with potential buyers. Artists can build a following, engage with their audience, and direct interested buyers to their online shops or websites.
- Facebook Marketplace: Facebook Marketplace allows artists to list their artwork for sale within their local community. It can be a great option for artists looking to connect with buyers in their area.
The value of selling art online through these outlets lies in the potential for increased exposure, reaching a global audience, and the convenience of managing sales and transactions digitally. Artists can also benefit from the ability to set their own prices, retain control over their work, and earn a higher percentage of the sale compared to traditional galleries. Additionally, online platforms often provide resources and tools to help artists market their work effectively, further enhancing their chances of success.